SCOPE (Society for Creation of Opportunity through Proficiency in English), established in 2007 by the Government of Gujarat to build English language
proficiency in the youth of Gujarat and thereby create employment opportunities for them, has been the most successful PPP model in the state. It has
an established network of 200+ centres through two Zonal Training Partners (ZTPs) for the purpose of providing English language training to the candidates.
More than 800 colleges and universities are also SCOPE centres. SCOPE programme is centred on three challenges of education – Access, Equity and Quality.
Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, UK,and UK are the Assessment and Certification partners of SCOPE.
The programme runs into PPP (Public Private Partnership) and ITP (Institutional Training Partnership) model and has more than 800+ training centres across state.
It is the most successful project of Govt. of Gujarat where all stakeholders are in profit. The BEP for a training centre is achieved by running an initial
batch of 10 candidates only. SCOPE is conducting online exam of international standard at such a mass scale which is unique in the world.
SCOPE conducts exam in almost every talukas of the state. Major highlights of the programme are:
- PPP centres are controlled through two Zonal Training Partners (ZTPs).
- Presence in all districts of Gujarat.
- Online Examination
- Availability of material in the form of books, CDs/ DVDs, online resources, sample tests, question papers.
- Free mobile learning App, “FLINNT” available on IOS, Android platforms and desktop
- International Certification by Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge, UK, US and UK
- Enhancing the employability and showcasing the proficiency of English.
- Tests equivalency to IELTS and other international tests as per CEFR levels.
- Training of 90 hours at each level – face to face classroom training as well as practice on computers using language learning softwares.
- Training programme is being developed on the Common European Framework (Level A1 to C2, six levels) of Reference.
- Quality Assurance Cell (QAC) to grade SCOPE centres in A, B & C categories.
- Online MIS (Management Information System) for various processes.
- SCOPE had already crossed more than 5,31,000 enrolments.